Courses, Events & Workshops
Are you prepared for the time, labour and commitment required to keep animals?
Unlike the family Guinea Pig; chickens, sheep etc can’t be taken around to a neighbour when you fancy a few days away! Animals need to be fed, watered and to be secure, which may mean opening and closing hen houses, stables and the like, twice daily so it is important to have a back-up system for those times when you are away , and if you have to make a living then that might be more often than you think.
SOURCING & TREATING WATER
- This will vary hugely depending upon where you live, however if you draw water from the surface or underground purely for domestic purposes then you are unlikely to require a licence - in the UK you only need a licence if you are going to abstract more than 4000 gallons per day. However, always check with the local authorities
1. LIFESTYLE CONSIDERATIONS
- Conduct an energy usage audit – how much energy you are using, what you are using and
- What are you prepared to give up – hairdryer, electric kettle, toaster ? it might seem fun
- Once your audit is complete the you will have an idea of the amount of power your
- This will be affected by your budget!