5 Day Self-Sufficiency
Course Calendar 2017
|TBA||8 places||375 euro||Book Now|
The Course runs for 5 days from Monday – Friday and will introduce you to the most important knowledge and skills you need to live a self-sufficient lifestyle.
The mornings are a mixture of theory and practical sessions, and include Organic Gardening, Renewable Energy, Water & Waste Management, and Animal Husbandry.
The afternoons are spent learning a range of skills, such as soapmaking, cheese making, basic constructions skills and more (these can be agreed before you arrive).
Our Courses have limited spaces, so we can ensure that everyone receives personal tuition and gets the chance to make the most of the course
- You will be picked up in the village of Lanjaron at 9.30am and returned to the village approximately at 5pm.
- Allowing you time to enjoy the delights of the spa village of Lanjaron, with its many hotels, restaurants, and spa.
- Each morning will start with a short theory session, accompanied by comprehensive notes.
- A practical session follows, when you will get your hands dirty! Be it turning compost, planting seeds or weeding!
- Lunch is on the terrace and includes delicious local ingredients, with drinks
- Each afternoon allows you to learn a new sill, whether it is making soap, artisan goats cheese or perhaps discovering the tricks of the trade to laying a wall, dry stone walling or rendering.
- You will be returned to the village each evening.
- One day we walk from the village to explore the local wild flowers and herbs and discover how to use herbs in our everyday lives.
Pete & Sue Rodgers – we have built our own cortijo in the picturesque foothills of the Sierra Nevada, Andalucia.
We live off –grid, using solar panels for our power, water comes from the snow melt of the Sierra Nevada and we recycle our water through reed beds.
We are passionate about living an almost ! self-sufficient lifestyle and want to share our knowledge and skills with like minded people
What to bring
- We will provide all the materials and equipment that you will need on the course.
- As the course is practical and hands on, we suggest you bring some old clothes and work boots or trainers to wear.
- We will be in touch prior to the course starting to let you know what the weather forecast is going to be in case, you need to bring some wet weather