Grow it, Cook it, Eat it !
Course Calendar 2017
|14th/15th October||Max 8 places||125 euro||Book Now|
Learn how to successfully grow organic fruit & vegetables.
Discover the secrets of cooking seasonal food that's full of flavour and enjoy eating the food with ingredients picked from our organic garden.
Don't have a garden, you will be amazed at what you can grow on a patio or terrace.
Our Courses are very limited in numbers to ensure that you receive personal tuition and are able to get the most out of the day.
- You will be picked up in the spa village of Lanjaron (there is plenty of parking behind the Tourist Office) at 9.45am. We will drive you to our cortijo, set in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
- After welcome refreshments, you will be introduced to the basics of Organic Gardening. There is some theory and a lot of hands on practical work, you will get dirty!
- Later in the morning we will harvest some crops, including foraging for some wild ingredients and start cooking a delicious lunch. We will serve home - made breads, cheeses and chutneys, along with drinks and one of Sue's fabulous desserts.
- The afternoon will again be a practical session in the garden, learning all about propagation techniques, how to take cuttings and prolong your growing season and much more.
- We will return you to the village at about 4pm.
- The second day follows a similar format, with lots of hands on experience, both gardening, harvesting and cooking great organic crops.
Sue & Pete Rodgers - we have built and lived in our cortijo above the spa village of Lanjaron for 11 years, where we live off-grid, grow our own organic vegetables and enjoy life.
We are passionate about living a self-sufficient lifestyle, growing and cooking organic vegetables and want to share our enthusiasm with like minded people.
What to bring
- We will supply all materials and equipment needed for the course, including comprehensive notes and recipes for you to take away
- All refreshments , including lunch with drinks are supplied
- We suggest you bring or wear old clothes and some work boots or trainers
- All you need bring is an open mind and a willing pair of hands