Artisan Bread & Cheese Making workshop
Workshop Calendar 2017
|18 th March||FULL||55 euro||Book Now|
|1st July||Max 6 places||55 euro||Book Now|
|6th Sept||4 places||55 euro||Book Now|
|4th Nov||Max 6 places||55 euro||Book Now|
Become a Bread & Cheese Maker. Amaze your family and friends with your new found skills and knowledge.
Our One Day Workshop is fun, practical and will demonstrate just how easy it is to make your very own artisan breads and goats cheese.
- You will be picked up from the picturesque spa village of Lanjaron (plenty of parking available behind the Tourist Office). We will drive you through stunning scenery to our cortijo, set in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
- Where you will be offered refreshments, before you start to make your own cheeses and breads.
- Our Workshops are strictly limited in numbers, as we want everyone to receive personal tuition to get the most out of the day
- We use raw goats milk, that comes from Paco's registered herd, who graze free on the wild herbs of the Rio Lanjaron. You will make your own goats cheese to take away, as well as learn how to make Ricotta ( you get to take the whey home to make your own) ,Halloumi, Feta and Jben (Moroccan Cheese).
- We use a variety of flours, wheat, wholemeal, rye, spelt and gluten free, and where possible our flours are organic. In addition to learning how to make yeast bread, ( you can choose to add black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, & herbs) you will be shown how to make sourdough and will receive a sourdough starter to takeaway.
- You will also enjoy a tour of our organic market garden, from where we supply many local hotels and restaurants with fresh organic salads and herbs. A delicious lunch of local ingredients, will be served on the Terrace with drinks and will include a variety of local cheeses, home-made chutneys and one of Sue's fabulous cheesecakes!
- Once the breads are baked and the cheeses wrapped, you will be taken back to the village of Lanjaron at about 4pm ish with your goodies !!
Sue & Pete Rodgers – we have built and lived in our cortijo above the spa village of Lanjaron for 11 years, where we live off-grid, grow our own organic vegetables and enjoy life.
We are passionate about living a self-sufficient lifestyle, including making our own bread and cheese and want to share our enthusiasm with like minded people.
What to bring
- We will supply all materials and equipment needed for the course, including comprehensive notes and recipes for you to take away
- All refreshments, including lunch are supplied
- All you need bring is an open mind and a willing pair of hands
- Bread & Cheese Making Kits are available for you to buy, so you can get started one you get home