All about Bees
Workshop Calendar 2017
|10th June||Max 8 places||55 euros||Book Now|
Join us Sue & Pete Rodgers at our cortijo set in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, above the picturesque spa town of Lanjarón. Our Beelicious day is an introduction into the fascinating lives of Bees, from beginner’s beekeeping, to learning about the different products bees produce and how to use them and how you can help bees in your garden.
Our courses are strictly limited in numbers, as we want everyone to receive personal tuition to get the most out of the day
- We will pick you up at 10am at the Tourist Office, Lanjaron (there is plenty of parking behind the Tourist Office) and then drive you to our cortijo, set in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
- After welcome refreshments you will receive instruction on the basics of beekeeping, including viewing our bee hives – from a safe distance as we don’t have suits for everyone
- You will be shown the different products that Bees produce, what their properties are and how you can use them
- A delicious lunch of local ingredients – including honey! with drinks will be served on the Terrace overlooking our garden, mountains and the sea
- After lunch you will get the chance to make some products using some of the Bees bounty for you to takeaway with you
- We finish the day with Tea and cakes and return you to Lanjarón at about 4pm
- A word of warning Bees are notoriously fickle! It is possible that they have swarmed and moved home, so we cannot guarantee that there will be Bees to see on the day, but you will be able to view the hives and still have an enjoyable day
The cost is 55 euros per person
With my husband Pete we have built our house here in the Sierra Nevada ourselves and try to live a sustainable life as possible.
We are relatively new to Beekeeping having only kept Bees for 2 years so we are also learning daily about the amazing lives of Bees.
We want to share our enthusiasm for Beekeeping and hope that you will go on to further study and perhaps keep Bees yourselves in the future.