Growing & Using Herbs Workshop
Workshop Calendar 2017
|Postponed||Max 8 places||55 euros||Book Now|
Join us Sue & Pete Rodgers and discover how to grow herbs successfully and learn the many uses of herbs around the home, and garden .
This practical hands on course will show you how to grow herbs, give you an insight into herb garden design, demonstrate the many uses of herbs around the home and garden and give you the opportunity to make some herbal lotions and potions for you to take away with you.
Our Workshops are strictly limited in numbers, as we want everyone to receive personal tuition to get the most out of the day
- We will pick you up at 10am at the Tourist Office, Lanjaron (there is plenty of parking behind the Tourist Office) and then drive you to our cortijo, set in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
- After welcome refreshments, you will be taken on a Tour of our Organic Garden and shown aspects of Herb Garden Design. Then it's time to get your hands dirty! learning how to sow, grow, propagate and harvest herbs, as well as what to do when things go wrong.
- A delicious lunch of local ingredients, including drinks will be served on the Terrace overlooking our gardens, mountains and the sea. Following lunch, you will get the chance to learn more about herbs and make some herbal lotions and potions for you to takeaway.
- We finish the day with Tea and Cakes then return you to the village about 4pm ish!
Sue Rodgers – herbs are part of my everyday life, whether a cup of lemon verbena tea to relax, Sage tea to ease a sore throat or making a Horsetail Nail soak, there is hardly a day goes by that I don't use herbs.
After completing a foundation course in Natural Medicine with Neal's Yard remedies I learned just how important herbs are to mankind and just how few people fully understand their true worth.
I hope that you will share my enthusiasm for herbs and make them part of your daily life.
What to bring
- All workshop materials and equipment are provided, including comprehensive notes
- All refreshments and lunch are provided
- You may want to bring some old clothes as you will be gardening and will get dirty!