Natural Soap Making Workshop
Workshop Calendar 2017
|11th March||FULL||55 euro||Book Now|
Join Sue & Pete Rodgers at their cortijo above the spa village of Lanjaron, to learn how to make handcrafted natural soaps, using local ingredients, including herbs from the garden.
Our Workshops are strictly limited in numbers, as we want everyone to receive personal tuition to get the most out of the day.
We will pick you up at 10am at the Tourist Office, Lanjaron (there is plenty of parking behind the Tourist Office). We will drive you through stunning scenery to our cortijo set in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
After welcome refreshments, we start the workshop:
- You will learn about the history & chemistry of soap making
- What equipment and ingredients you need
- Health & Safety aspects of working with soap
- Using essential oils and natural ingredients such as oatmeal, lavender & much more
- How to mix, mould, store and wrap your soaps
- Take away the soaps you made
- Kits available to take away and make your own soaps at home
- & much more !
Pete will take you on a tour of our Organic Market Garden, from where we sell organic salads to local hotels, restaurants and the public.
A delicious lunch of local ingredients, including drinks will be served on the Terrace overlooking our gardens, mountains and the sea. After lunch we will continue with the workshop and finish with tea and cake before we return to Lanjaron about 4pm ish!
Sue Rodgers – I started making my own soap because I have always used natural products and found that they were getting very expensive.
I also found that many of the books on soap-making were complicated and a little off putting to the beginner. Over time I have experimented and found a simple recipe that is gentle and everyone can use with the minimum of equipment and ingredients.fter University I worked as a Country Park Ranger and took the public out on wildflower and nature walks some 40 years ago! After completing a foundation course in Natural Medicine, my fascination with wildflowers and how they can provide not only food but medicine continues to grow.
What to bring
- We will supply all the materials, equipment and comprehensive notes needed for the course
- We will supply all refreshments and lunch on the day
- Bring yourself and a willing pair of hands