A Passion for Preserving
Workshop Calendar 2017
|9th Sept||FULL||55 euros||Book Now|
Make the most of your Seasonal Gluts! Join Sue & Pete Rodgers and learn how to pickle, bottle, dry & so much more.
You will learn about the science of preserving, natural preservatives, good hygiene and food safety, what equipment you need. Chutneys, Jams, Oils, Vinegars, Fruit cheeses, Cordials will all be covered in the course and you get to takeaway samples of what you make!
Our Workshops are strictly limited in numbers, as we want everyone to receive personal tuition to get the most out of the day
- We will pick you up at 10am at the Tourist Office, Lanjaron (there is plenty of parking behind the Tourist Office) and then drive you to our cortijo set in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
- After welcome refreshments, we will introduce you to the science and various techniques of preserving. Pete will then take you on a Tour of our Organic Market Garden, from where we sell organic salads and herbs to local hotels, restaurants and the public.
- You will also get the chance to harvest some crops to preserve. A delicious lunch with drinks will be served on the Terrace overlooking our Gardens, mountains and the sea.
- After lunch we will make a variety of different preserves, samples of which you will be able to take away with you.
- We finish the day with Tea and Cake , then return to the village about 4pm ish!
Sue & Pete Rodgers - we have built and lived in our cortijo above the spa village of Lanjaron for 11 years, where we live off-grid, grow our own organic vegetables and enjoy life.
We are passionate about living a self-sufficient lifestyle, growing, harvesting, cooking and preserving our organic vegetables and want to share our enthusiasm with like minded people.
What to bring
- We provide all workshop materials and equipment, including comprehensive notes & recipes
- We provide all refreshments, including lunch